Saturday, March 19, 2011

My life has been really sad lately and I just could not get enough energy to blog. My mom is abusing pain medications, which has been going on for years, but her doctor is quite angry about it and I have a feeling it will be coming to an end and I will have to deal with her. It has been so much easier not to do anything and I am letting her face the consequences that are coming from her actions. On top of that my son cannot seem to keep his behavior in check. He is back in trouble with the law for having undesirable people in his car that had drugs on them. He has also been letting everyone and his brother drive his car. He has to meet with the dean on Monday and then we will know if the university will send him packing or not. I hope not as his grades are so much better and I love him, but really don't want to live with him.

Depression or "the funk" as I call it has kept me from doing too much. I did make a few pieces of jewelry and start and complete a proddy rug for my friends two year old grand child.




I used leftover bits of silver chain and beads that were left over from old projects. It is 45 inches long and can be worn a number of different ways.


I finally got my angels hung up in my sewing room.


This anka was gift from my friend Nancy when she went to Egypt a year or so ago. I used brass findings and oyster shell discs and bone beads all from Ethiopia. It was fun to make.


The focal on this necklace is also a finding from Africa. I have had it for a long time. I used fresh water pears and aqua opal beads to create this necklace.

My son came home for spring break and left all most immediately to meet his birth mom and siblings for the first time. They made things quite easy for him and he had a great time. I was on pins and needles that he would fall so in love with them that he would never come home, but even though he had a great time he came home and seems happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment