Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What is Primitive?

I was thinking about how people look at primitive art. So much of the time people think primitive means ragged and drab and poorly done.

Primitive is

  1. My work has fine stitchery. I use tiny stitches, unless the project requires a looser look.
  2.  Not necessarily drab. Often I use vibrant hues that are completely saturated with color.
  3. Fun. I use big flowers and birds beside regular sized houses.
Lately I have been trying to finish up projects I started months/years ago. It is wonderfully satisfying to complete work. I would love to add some pictures, but my server is not cooperating, so on to tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Thought-provoking! Perhaps primitive refers to the design shapes? Uncomplicated? Love your work!

    ReplyDelete