Friday, February 25, 2011

I came home Sunday night and have experienced "jet lag" all week. It takes me forever to unpack and just get back to the realities of life, but finally.... We had a lovely time in New Orleans. The temperatures were in the high seventies and it was such a nice change. Of course we are cool, not really cold, but rainy and yucky here in Memphis. My daffodils are blooming so spring must be coming. I am ready already.


I had a sweet three block walk from my hotel to Jackson Square.


I shopped in the Paris Boutique and bought a wonderful spring hat and vintage pin.


Me getting ready to leave for a tour of the French Quarter.


My grandfather drank Jax beer. The brewery has been converted to shopping.


No beignets for me as I was unwilling to wait for over an hour to be seated.



I saw many beautiful homes, including Brad and Angelie's, Sean Penn's and Johnny Depp's.

My DH played golf all day Friday and all day Saturday, so I was on my own. Seriously it was great. I found a super knitting store and sat and talked for hours. I enjoyed the park and leisure breakfasts. I went to two museums and the cathedral. When DH came in we were off to wonderful restaurants and had dinner at K Paul's, the Redfish Grill, G W Finns and the Court of Two Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment