Tuesday, February 15, 2011



This is what happens when you don't close your pocket knife and sever two tendons and a nerve.

I am a few days late posting about my visit with my son. I drove to Canton, Mississippi on Saturday to attend a meeting of the Magnolia Wool Dust Society and drop my friend off for the rest of her ride home all the way to the gulf coast. I then went to visit my son at Mississippi State. I did great navigating my way there with the assistance of my faithful gps unit. I got lost on campus almost immediately, but thanks to Elliot actually watching me drive around he helped me find him at Hull Hall. I spent the night at a small guest house immediately next door to his dorm. We went to dinner and then on to see Sanctum at the theater. The next morning we sat outside of the cafeteria before going in for a lovely breakfast. His hand looks very uncomfortable. He is bandaged up with strings tied to keep him from moving his last two fingers.

I am beginning to feel more at peace than I have for a while. I am getting excited about going to New Orleans with my DH on Wednesday. I have a new wardrobe for the trip with two new LBD's and several new slacks and tops to wear during the day. It felt so great to get new clothes. I have not had a real shopping trip for clothes in a long time.

Today Nancy and I went fabric shopping and before we left each other to go our separate ways we tucked into Anthropologie. I could not resist taking out my camera to take some pictures of some intriguing displays.


This bed just made me want to jump right in. I loved the strips of fabric hanging like an exotic canopy.


Intriquing spools of ribbons displayed like cogs in a fabulous machine.


Owls are so in fashion now. I have been interested in them for many years. This owl was beaded and framed and looks amazing.


This set looked just like a sweet little porch I would love to sit in.


You cannot really tell, but these are old mirrors.

I feel like even though it is February and we had a big snow storm just last week that spring is here. I am so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment