Thursday, February 10, 2011

It is cold outside

It was one of those winter days that we don't have many of and Memphis shut down. The temperature hovered at around 24 degrees and the ice on the secondary roads is still there. We are supposed to warm up tomorrow and I will be grateful to have my car washed. My car has dirt from Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee. It is a wonderful sky blue when it isn't covered with ice, sand and salt mixture.

I have been using this purse for an entire week. It is so far my favorite I have made this year. The base is an  old army blanket that a friend gave me and the wool pennies are from my scrap bin that runneth over. I love the shape of it. I put a cell phone pocket on the inside or I would never find my phone. I used an old belt of my son's for the strap and it is the perfect length. Even though it is not Friday, my purse clean out day I had to clean it out to take its picture. My rule is all change and folding money not in my wallet go into my change jar which is almost full. Darn I meant to put that $23 in my wallet, but this rule is for my own benefit so into the jar it went.

Since it was so cold and I was inside I used some of the Jill Schwartz Making Memories charms to create a sweet little Valentines necklace. It wasn't hard to make and it came out quite nice.




My sweet dog has been under my feet or by my side all day. I tried to take his picture and he ran away. My DH fussed at me for making him shake like a leaf. He is a very pretty dog, but like me he does not like to have his picture taken. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment